Activism Against Gender-Based Violence
It's time for Pharmacare
Aga Khan Museum
Shops at Don Mills
Are you interested in joining a thriving Toronto women’s club that offers opportunities to make new friends and that provides intellectual stimulation and fellowship? Then you have found the right place.
The University Women’s Club of North York was founded in 1951. We have over 240 members. Our members represent a wide variety of interests, disciplines, and professional achievements.
The North York club is a member of the Canadian Federation of University Women. Through CFUW our club is linked to Graduate Women International, world-wide network of women who bring different perspectives to concerns similar to ours.
What we do
Our objectives are to promote the education of women and girls and to improve the status of women, human rights and the quality of life.
- Advocate for the improvement of the status of women, early learning and child care
- Participate in public and community affairs
- Raise funds for local, national and international charities
- Raise funds for scholarships for local women students
- Network with members at local, provincial, national and international meetings
How will you benefit?
- Make new friends
- Enjoy lively speakers at our monthly General Meetings. Our Speakers Programme runs from September to May
- Join any of our more than twenty Study and Interest groups such as Art Appreciation, Book Groups, Bridge Groups, Global Concerns, Movies, Table Hoppers, Walk and Talk
- Develop leadership skills by becoming involved in the many activities or social concerns the club supports
- Be part of a group of women making a difference locally, nationally and internationally in the lives of women and girls
Want to join?
You are eligible if you are a woman of any age (no university degree is necessary) who agrees with our objectives as stated above. We wholeheartedly welcome new members; they enrich our club.
Try us out before you join by visiting one of our monthly meetings
For club brochure click this link. UWCNY brochure 2017 2018